The First Introduction to the water
These classes are about water familiarisation using toys and songs to encourage a fun and happy atmosphere. Babies are introduced to floating, submersion, propulsion, kicking and other important swimming skills.
The earlier these skills are introduced, the better your child will perform when the time comes for them to begin lessons without parents in the water.
Classes are half an hour and cater for children from 6 months to 3 years.
Classes have a maximum of 8 children. Larger classes can be accommodated upon request.
Why do swimming classes with your bub
- It gives you a chance to spend quality time with your child without any distractions
- Swimming helps develop muscle tone, co-ordination and balance
- Research has found children who begin swimming lessons at a young age do reach developmental milestones earlier. More information on this research can be found here: https://app.griffith.edu.au/news/2012/11/15/swimming-kids-are-smarter/
- Your child will be more confident and learn quicker when they move to learn to swim classes without parents/carers
- SLEEP! The word parents dream about. Your child should sleep and eat well after swimming
What do we teach you and your bub
- Floating front and back
- Putting their face in the water confidently
- Climbing out the pool and safely entering into the pool
- The confidence to know what to do with your child in the water
What to bring to your lesson
- Your SplashAbout Happy Nappy (The SplashAbout aqua nappy is compulsory for all Droplets and we do sell them at the pool)
- A disposable aqua nappy for underneath.
- Swimmers and a towel for the parent/guardian getting into the pool (often parents forget about themselves!)
- Warm clothes for after the class for your child (and carer!)
- A snack for AFTER the lesson